About the journal
Urban Studies and Practices, a peer-reviewed academic journal, aims to advance the theory and practice of how cities, urban areas, and communities function and develop. Its goal is also to promote the urbanist profession and strengthen the authority of HSE and its Vysokovsky Graduate School of Urbanism in both the national and international academic community.
- Presenting the results of the most recent research in urbanism theory and practice and related fields;
- Publishing the most important papers in urbanism from around the world (both academic and applied) so that Russian professionals and students are informed about contemporary studies and practice;
- Creating a corpus of best practices in spatial planning, master plan development, strategies and concepts, rules of land use and construction, spatial planning and development projects, and urban environment revitalization;
- Developing a community of professional researchers, attracting young specialists in urbanism, facilitating communication in the professional community;
- Extending academic ties and cooperation with Russian and international researchers with expertise in urban economy, sociology, cultural studies, transport, and architecture;
- Establishing a discussion platform to provide structure for the field of discourse in Russian urban studies;
- Establishing an institution for critical review in Russian urbanism.